September Resolutions – a phrase a friend used and I have shamelessly stolen! We all know what New Year Resolutions are. But did you know that there is another point in the year when we get the feeling it’s time to re-assess and make new promises to ourselves.
The summer is over – we have hopefully seen the sun, had BBQ’s, eaten pounds of overcooked meat smothered in sauces and wrapped in sesame covered buns, with a small side order of salad to keep in the vitamin quotient. We have sat out late into the warm, hazy evenings drinking wine and Pimm’s. We have excused the months of excess by stating that it’s the summer, it’s holiday season. And after all, we have been zealously dieting in preparation for this time ever since we made that resolution in the New Year!
September is here. The kids are returning to school and that feels like the start of a whole new season. There is a sense of order returning, back to routine and – for us parents – some relief. And as it is a new year in a sense, it’s time to make our September Resolutions.
So – on my list (the rough draft, to which I may yet add some)
1. Yes, it’s back on the diet, since a sneaky 8 pounds got back here since March and is just refusing to budge
2. Giving up smoking – again.
3. Adding to my blog, at least weekly, if not more.
4. Getting down to the business of self-employment.
5. Finishing that coursework.
6. Going swimming with the kids at least once a fortnight.
7. Go off-road jeep driving for a day
Yes, it’s a little mundane. But right now, these are the priorities in my life. Maybe once I know I can finish the little things, I can tackle the big ambitions!
Any September Resolutions to share? Let me know what you want to finish, change or try out?